Self-Watering Planter Potting Instructions
Thank you for purchasing our self-watering planter! We're sure your plant will be happy in its new home.
Potting your plant in the self-watering planter is easy. Watch this video to learn how!
When do I water my plant?
Use a moisture meter to check when your plant needs its next watering.
You can also use a chopstick or pencil to test moisture: stick it halfway through the soil and take it out. If it comes out with particles of soil on it, your plant doesn't need water. If it comes out dry, then it's time to water!
- Only refill the reservoir when its empty and when your plant is dry
- Use well-draining soil (look for ingredients like perlite, peat moss, and shredded park)
- Plants in 4" nursery pots transfer well
If you are potting your plant from a nursery, make sure to follow these steps before repotting it in the self-watering planter:
- Check for pests in the soil and the leaves (remember to check underneath leaves!)
- Spray your plant with soapy water (a couple pumps of dish soap per 12 fl oz) to kill any pests that might be hiding.
- Quarantine your plant away from other plants for at least two weeks. Keep checking for pests and treating them with neem oil spray.
- After two weeks, your plant is ready to pot in our self-watering planter!